The very best of british...
0800 148 8307
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
DESIGNED & MADE
IN THE UK
Shop by category
Kitchen and Dining
Tea Light Holders/Candle Holders
Gifts for Her
Gifts for Him
Designs for Children
Childrens Wall Hooks
Shop by designer
Emma Jackson - Silversoles
James Smith Designs
Jonathan Krawczuk - DesignedMade
Michael Peckitt - Very Colourful Jewellery
Plant & Moss
What people say...
Ordering and Purchasing
Ordering and Purchasing at Great British Designs
Below, you will find our Terms and Conditions of Sale. You need to have read and agreed to these prior to making a purchase through the Great British Designs website.
Making an order
Purchasing that beautiful, unique British-designed piece from our website couldn’t be easier...... just click on the “Add to basket” button found on the detailed product page. You will be able to review and change your basket if required at checkout.
By Phone: If you prefer to speak to us, just call on free phone 0800 148 8307 and we will process your order and any specific requirements you may have in person.
You also have the option to add items you love to your own ‘Wish list’ which you can come back to at any time, to turn your wishes in to purchases!
Terms & Conditions of Sale
This is a legally binding agreement between us, Great British Designs Limited (company No. 07054058), whose principal place of business is Suite 5, The George Centre, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6LH (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us”), and you. This is an agreement setting out the terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms”) on which we will sell and arrange the supply of products displayed and offered for sale (hereinafter referred to as the “Products”) from our website, currently located at www.great-british-designs.co.uk (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from the Website. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these terms and conditions if you accept them.
If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our Website.
1. By placing an order through the Website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable and known to us. When placing an order you undertake that the information you provide to us is true and accurate, that you are the authorized user of the credit or debit card used to pay for the order and that there are sufficient cleared funds or credit in your credit or debit card account to pay for the order.
2. To place an order you must provide us with a valid email address and a delivery address. We will confirm your order to this email address and use it to advise you of any changes to your order or the estimated delivery date and time. You undertake that the details you provide to us in relation to you and your order, payment and delivery address will be correct, accurate and up to date. Delivery shall be to the address provided by you. We take no responsibility for failure to deliver Products to any address provided by you that is incorrect, and to the extent that the Products are not returned to us or we are unable to retrieve the Products after exercising reasonable efforts to do so, no refund shall be provided.
3. All Products ordered from the Website are subject to availability and to our acceptance of your order. We may at any time cancel your order, in which event we will provide you with a refund where we have already debited your credit or debit card within 5 working days of notification of cancellation.
Price and Payment
4. Any orders for Products placed by you from the Website or by phone must be paid for in full by credit or debit card before they will be processed. No other form of payment will be accepted.
5. The sale price of the Products will be as shown on the Website. Sale prices are subject to variation without notice. The supply of Products to you will be subject to delivery, packaging and insurance charges that are not included in the sale price, but which are shown separately on the Website.
6. We reserve the right to use an electronic payment provider (such as, for example, SagePay) to process your payment for Products ordered through the Website. In this regard, by paying for Products you agree to be subject to the terms and conditions of such electronic payment providers.
7. Before accepting your order our electronic payment provider may conduct standard pre-authorization checks to determine if there are sufficient funds or credit in your account to pay for the Products you have ordered and the delivery costs. Processing of your order may be withheld pending the results of such checks.
8. We specialise in the sale and arranging the supply of non-mass-produced articles, many of which are made to order for you. The Products you have ordered may not exist at the time of order and may need to be made for you. As such we cannot always provide you with an accurate delivery date at the time of order as we need to confirm this with the designer/maker of the Products you have ordered and it may take more than 30 days from the date on which you submitted your order before you receive the ordered Products. We will endeavour to provide you with an accurate delivery date within 3 working days from the date on which you place your order. Any delivery date provided shall be indicative only and time and date of delivery shall not be of the essence. We will not be held liable for any loss, costs, damages or expenses that you suffer or incur as a result of any delay of all or some of the Products contained in an order. However, where we are unable to supply some or all of the Products in an order to you on or before the delivery date proposed we will inform you and may at your discretion cancel the order, or part thereof, and we will reimburse you the cost of the cancelled order, or part thereof, including delivery costs (but excluding any gift wrapping charges). We will endeavour to reimburse you as soon as possible, but in any event within a period of 30 days beginning on the day after the proposed delivery date.
9. Where your order contains a number of different Products, or multiples of certain Products, we reserve the right to deliver the Products at different times. In the event that we do not deliver all of the Products in an order together and at the same time, you agree that you will not be able to repudiate these Terms and terminate other fulfilled or unfulfilled parts of the order.
10. Title and risk in the Products ordered by you shall pass to you upon delivery, provided always that title will not pass to you until we have received payment in full for the entire order from you.
Cancellation and Returns
11. You have the right to cancel all or part of your order under the Distance Selling Regulations (Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000). To do this you must notify us in writing by hand or post to our premises address or email, details of all of which are provided at the end of these Terms. Please note that we reserve our right not to accept cancellation of an order over the phone. You may cancel your order up to 7 workings days beginning with the day after the day on which you receive the Products. To be effective, any notification of cancellation must be received by us before the end of this cancellation period. We will not, and are not legally obliged to, accept any notification of cancellation sent during the cancellation period but received by us after the end of the cancellation period. This right to cancel shall not apply where the Products that you have ordered are made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned.
12. Upon cancellation in accordance with and under paragraph 11:
you must return the Products
in the order or the cancelled Products (where only part of the order is cancelled) to us at the address shown at the end of these Terms within 14 days after cancellation;
b. you are responsible for the costs of returning the Products under any cancelled order or part thereof and we recommend that you return them by recorded delivery and take out appropriate insurance against any damage and/or breakages of the Products occurring whilst the cancelled Products are in your possession or in transit;
c. where you do not return the goods to us, or return them to us but do not pay the costs of returning the Products to us, we are entitled to charge you for any direct costs associated with the return of the Products (including delivery and insurance costs) and we will deduct them from any amounts to be reimbursed to you as a result of cancellation of the order or part thereof, or charge you for them if you have already been reimbursed;
d. you will retain possession of the Products and take reasonable care of them (including taking reasonable care to maintain them in good order and in an undamaged condition) whilst they remain in your possession until such time as they are despatched back to us by you. We will seek to recover for any damage or breakages occurring whilst the cancelled Products are in your possession or in transit to us; and
e. we will reimburse you the amount paid by you under the order in relation to the cancelled order or cancelled Products as soon as possible and in any case, within a period not exceeding 30 days beginning on the day on which the notice of cancellation was given.
13. You should inspect the Products on delivery for any defects, damage or non-conformance with the order or image of the Products displayed on the Website (a “Defect”). You have 14 days from receipt of the Products to contact us to advise of any Defects. If you do not notify us in writing of any such Defects within the 14 day period you will deemed to have accepted delivery of the Product(s). If you believe any of the Products have any Defects we may request that you return such Products to us for our review. If we agree (acting reasonably) that the Products are defective and we, our supplier or the delivery service is at fault or the cause of the Defects, we will refund you the price of the Products which have the Defect(s). We will arrange for and bear the cost of returning and redelivery to you of any Products that you believe have Defects but reserve our right to claim such costs back from you in the event that the Products do not have any Defects.
14. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights, including your statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
Force Majeure (circumstances beyond our control)
15. We will not be liable for any losses, costs, damages and expenses that you incur as a result of our failure to fill any orders where such failure is due to a force majeure event, being any event outside of our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, flood, fire, theft, earthquake, adverse weather, tsunami, war, terrorism, civil disobedience, strike, lock-out (or other labour dispute), Acts of God, breakdown of machinery, loss of machinery, communications technology failure, failure of power supplies to machinery. We shall, however, endeavour to resume performance within a reasonable time after the abatement of any such force majeure events.
16. Except as expressly stated in these Terms and to the full extent permitted by law, we accept no liability and offer no warranties or indemnities in relation to this Website, its content or purchases made from this Website or in relation to Products purchased from the Website.
17. Except as expressly stated in these Terms and to the full extent permitted by law, in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of or damage to goodwill arising from your use of, or inability to use, the Website, information on the Website, any of the Products purchased from the Website or any errors or omissions made by us or failure by us to deliver Products at a specified time.
18. Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
19. Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in waiver of such right.
20. If any part of these Terms is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, such part shall to the extent possible be severed from these Terms and all other parts of these Terms shall be unaffected and shall remain in force.
21. These Terms and any dispute between us and you regarding the Website and the sale and supply of Products from the Website shall be interpreted under the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. These Terms may be unilaterally varied by us, and any variation, additions, deletions or amendment that you request will only be effective if agreed by us, committed to writing and signed by you and us. These Terms were last updated on 11 January 2011.
23. You may contact us in any of the following ways:
a. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
b. by telephone on 0800 148 8307 between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
c. by hand delivery or by post to us at Great British Designs Limited, Suite 5,
The George Centre, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6LH.
About Great British Designs
Using this Website
Terms & Conditions of Sale
Frequently asked questions
View our sitemap
Are you a designer?
If you would like to be considered as a contributor to the Great British Designs website, just click below and send us your details!
Join our team of designers
Be the first
Register for new, reviews,
discounts and more...
Free delivery except for bulky furniture
We want you to be delighted with your purchase from us! But - if for any reason you are not 100% happy, you can return the goods to us, and we will immediately give you a full refund - no quibbles - so relax and buy with complete confidence!
Please see our Terms & Conditions of Sale for a full explanation of our policy.